Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-30 Origin:Site
Wearing a face mask can help prevent the spread of some respiratory diseases, but if it is not worn properly or discarded, it can also become a source of infection. If you need to wear a face mask, you should also wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer. In this article, we will discuss when and how to use face masks.
The following knowledge points are listed below:
When should we wear face masks
How to wear a face mask
Other tips for avoiding infection
People who have respiratory tract infections should wear surgical face masks; when caring for patients with respiratory tract infections; or go to clinics or hospitals during a pandemic or flu peak to reduce the spread of infection. Generally speaking, you should wear a face mask under the conditions like:
(1) You have symptoms of infection (ie fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose or sneezing) and there are people nearby.
(2) You are caring for a infected patient.
(3) Unless you have symptoms, there is no clear evidence that wearing a face mask can protect you from the virus, but wearing a mask can protect you from the virus
(4) When you are sick, a face mask can help protect those around you.
Please follow the recommendations as below:
(1) Choose a suitable face mask size. Sub-sizes are available.
(2) For safety reasons, it is not recommended for unsupervised children under 2 years of age, people with breathing difficulties, or people who need help to remove a face mask to wear a mask.
(3) Before putting on a surgical face mask, you should clean your hands.
(4) The surgical mask should be close to the face
(5) Most surgical masks adopt a three-layer design. The outer layer is a flow-proof layer, the middle layer is a disease-proof layer, and the inner layer is a moisture-absorbing layer. It is not recommended to use a face mask that does not have the above three-layer function, because it cannot provide sufficient protection to prevent infectious diseases transmitted by respiratory droplets. The wearer should follow the manufacturer’s recommendations
(6) Generally speaking, the colored side/folded side of the surgical mask should face outwards, and the metal strip should face upwards
(7) When wearing a surgical mask, the strap above the head must be fastened. Then Fix the lower tie at the nape of the neck
(8) Elastic bands around the ears.
(9) Unfold the surgical mask to completely cover the mouth, nose and chin
(10) Shape the metal strip on the nose bridge, and the surgical mask should be close to the face
(11) Avoid touching the surgical mask after wearing it. Otherwise, keep your hands clean before and after touching the face mask.
(12) When removing the strapped surgical mask, first untie the strap behind the neck;
(13) Then untie the tie at the top. If it is an earring type, hold two earrings and gently lift off from your face. When taking off the surgical mask, avoid touching the outer surface of the face mask because the mask may be covered with bacteria.
(14) After removing the surgical mask, dispose of the mask in a covered trash can and clean hands immediately.
(15) Replace surgical masks in due course. Generally speaking, surgical masks should not be worn
(16) If the face mask is damaged or dirty, it should be replaced immediately.
During the pandemic, in addition to the correct use of surgical face masks, we should also take appropriate measures. Take the following precautions to minimize the risk of infection:
(1) Perform hand hygiene frequently and appropriately.
(2) Wash hands before touching eyes, nose and mouth.
(3) Maintain breathing etiquette/cough etiquette.
(4) Rest at home when sick, and minimize contact with others.
(5) Stay away from possible sources of infection:
(6) Minimize unnecessary social contacts and avoid visiting crowded places. If necessary, try to shorten the stay. Moreover, people are at high risk of infection
(7) Avoid close contact with infected persons.
UK: 419 Harborne Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, England.
Copyright © 2020 Poweam Medical